An expertly mixed cocktail or perfectly crafted beer isn’t only found in the city. Sometimes the best gems are tucked away in the quaint suburbs. Conveniently located just minutes west of downtown Minneapolis, Golden Valley and St. Louis Park boast a variety of delicious restaurants and bars, many of which serve up an exciting selection of craft beers and decadent cocktails. Whether searching for a quick bite and beverage while passing through or seeking an escape from the “big city” hustle and bustle, these locales are ideal for the discerning traveler.
Savor Local Flavors
Sampling new signature dishes and unique local flavors is one of the best parts of traveling to new destinations. Golden Valley and St. Louis Park offer plenty of suburban dining options to suit a variety of tastes and they are not hard to find.
- D’Amico & Sons (7804 Olson Memorial Highway) is a popular Golden Valley Italian eatery that offers indoor and outdoor dining, wood-fired pizza ovens and a large lineup of delicious pastas, salads and more. Made-from-scratch dishes are created with high-quality ingredients. Be sure to sample their house-made sweets, sauces, and dressings
- Nong’s Thai Cuisine (2520 Hillsboro Ave. N) is a critically-acclaimed Golden Valley go-to Thai food restaurant. If it’s curry you’re craving, Nong’s offers several varieties including seafood, pineapple, choo chee and Rama spinach curry with roasted peanuts. Stir fry options are wok-prepared and selections include, Thai basil, stir-fried mixed vegetables, Thai-style sweet and sour and more.
- Good Day Café (5410 Wayzata Boulevard) is a Golden Valley dining treasure serving breakfast, lunch and dinner favorites in a warm and energetic atmosphere. Breakfast specialties include Oversized Apple Soufflé pancakes and German oven pancakes, or you can enjoy a variety of omelets, eggs benedict options, yummy baked goods and more. For lunch, try one of several house soups and salads, burgers on homemade buns with fresh cut fries or a signature Croque Madame sandwich. American dinner favorites include Millie’s Meatloaf Dinner, Mama Lee’s Swedish Meatballs, Lemon Caper Salmon and many more delicious options.
Sample Locally Crafted Beer
You don’t have to go downtown to discover an adventurous selection of craft beers, instead explore these delightful Golden Valley and St. Louis Park treasures, just off the beaten path.
- New Bohemia Wurst + BierHaus (8040 Olson Memorial Highway) in Golden Valley features 36 of the finest local and international craft beers, 24 different all-natural sausages, custom-blended burgers, giant pretzels and more. Grab a table, your favorite brew and enjoy hand-cut fries and fresh, house-made mustards, sauces and toppings.
- JJs Clubhouse (6400 Wayzata Boulevard) is a Golden Valley neighborhood sports bar that offers an extensive list of beer on tap, in the bottle, or by the can. Plus, there are many TVs, so you won’t have to miss the game while noshing on a variety of appetizers, burgers and pizza choices.
- Steel Toe Brewing (4848 W. 35th Street) in St. Louis Park is “a small MN craft brewery with big dreams of staying small.” STB offers a variety of year-round Steel Toe Beer offerings like Size 7 IPA (India Pale Ale), Provider Ale, Rainmaker Double Red Ale and Dissent Dark Ale. Seasonal selections include Sommer Vice Bavarian-style Hefeweizen, Cherry Tart Winter Ale, American Pale Ale from the fall Brewer’s Evolution Series and more.
Dance and Drink the Night Away
If spending your evening sipping on cocktails and enjoying live music is more your flavor, these suburban hotspots will cater to your tastes.
- Schullers Tavern (7345 Country Club Drive) is a family-owned Golden Valley locale offering great American menu items, happy hour specials, live music on Saturdays, and a pool table if you’re feeling competitive.
- Kip’s Irish Pub (9970 Wayzata Boulevard) in St. Louis Park offers a delicious lunch and dinner menu filled with pub favorites like beer-battered cod and chips, Irish Spring Rolls, Reubens and more. Happy Hour specials are offered daily alongside an extensive beer and cocktail list.
There’s So Much To Discover
The more you explore Golden Valley and St. Louis Park, the more you’ll discover. All sorts of exciting adventures await you just outside of the Twin Cities limits. Don’t miss a chance to experience a unique suburban getaway. On your next vacation, Discover Golden Valley and St. Louis Park.