Discover St. Louis Park, a non-profit destination marketing organization, is seeking a Business Development Manager. This position will help the organization meet its vision to market, promote and sell St. Louis Park as a convenient destination for visitors, travelers, meetings, special events and groups. Self-directed, given autonomy to manage time, conscientious, dedicated, hardworking and problem-solving skills are essential.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Must demonstrate excellent business sense, superb communication skills and a responsive business philosophy
- Must have excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Results driven, energetic, and focused
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to develop rapport with key stakeholders
- A team player with a positive attitude and willingness to help wherever needed
- Must be able to handle confidential information professionally
- Work with fellow employees, vendors, stakeholders and all customers in a cooperative spirit
Responsibilities would include:
- Actively sell/market St. Louis Park and Golden Valley locally, regionally and nationally
- Provide exceptional customer service and detailed destination information to all prospective leisure and business travelers
- Establish a positive image for the organization within the marketplace and develop strong relationships and partnerships
- Continuously network and prospect for new business as well as create growth revenue
- Attend tradeshows, traveling when necessary, to promote all assets of the community
- Develop new and strengthen existing customer relationships to secure ongoing business
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality or related field preferred
- Minimum of five years related experience
This individual will have the ability to work independently and lead specific projects within the department, reporting progress. The role requires an individual who can maximize resources, prioritize multiple tasks, and develop shared ideas. This person should effectively lead and contribute to meetings, making a positive impact on department goals and strategic plans.
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays, Short/Long Term Disability
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000 DOE
Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday (nights and weekends as needed) To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Business Development Manager, followed by your first and last name, by 5 p.m. on March 1.